TexShare is a cooperative program designed to improve library service to students, faculty, and staff of Texas institutions of higher education. This program allows SHSU students, faculty and staff to have direct, personal access to library materials that are not available in the Newton Gresham Library.
To participate, a person must:
- obtain a TexShare Card at his/her home library (verifying that you have no outstanding fines or overdue books)
- present identification as required at the lending library
- observe the policies of the lending library
- return the materials in person or by first-class mail to the lending library
- pay assessed charges for lost materials, or materials returned late or damaged
- surrender the TexShare card if requested to TexShare library staff
TexShare cards are good for a semester; users should apply for a new card each semester.
New and renewing users may apply for TexShare services using the online application below, or by downloading a paper application and returning it to the Library in person or by mail to:
Newton Gresham Library
Sam Houston State University
Campus Box 2179
Huntsville, TX 77341