Overview of Newton Gresham Library Services
Distance learners are encouraged to come to campus to use the many resources and services offered by the Newton Gresham Library. Assistance is available from the Reference Department to help answer questions, develop search strategies, and identify useful resources. NGL resources consist of over 1.3 million books, bound volumes of periodicals, government documents, newspapers, multimedia, and sound recordings.
Distance Learning Directory:
Services and Sites for SHSU Distance Learners
University Library (Newton Gresham Library)
Toll-free number: 1-866-NGL-INFO (1-866-645-4636).
- For information or questions about loan period, renewals, fines
- Direct phone: 936.294.1618
- View circulation / lending policies
- Authorized distance learners can borrow materials from other libraries and also request materials from the University Library.
- Direct phone: 936.294.1616
Check here for an overview of resources and services available to distance learners through the University.
Helpdesk Phone: 936.294.1950
“All students, faculty, and staff who require software or trouble-shooting assistance with the campus data and telecommunications networks have access to 24-hour assistance both on and off campus.”