Interlibrary Loan serves to connect library patrons to more information in more ways.
- ILL can borrow books, articles, music, and other materials from other libraries for an SHSU patron to use.
- ILL can deliver SHSU library materials to students digitally or physically, based on need.
- ILL can deliver materials directly to faculty offices on campus, to assist busy faculty.
All of these requests can be placed through the ILLiad online system, which uses the standard SHSU login credentials.
ILL is open 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. During off hours, please email or leave a voicemail to have your needs addressed as soon as possible on the next business day.
Administrative policy requires that all patrons picking up items in Interlibrary Services must show a University ID (Bearkat OneCard).
For Borrowing Libraries
To request via an OCLC system, please use OCLC symbol SHH. Please refer to the OCLC Policy Directory for more details.
All other requests need to be submitted via ALA ILL request form, faxed to 936-294-3615, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. (We do not allow ILLiad access to persons, libraries, or institutions outside of Sam Houston State University.)
Additionally, please note the following:
- Please contact the ILL department at 936-294-1616 or email@example.com. Neither our circulation department nor our reference department can answer ILL-specific questions.
- We charge what you charge! Fees must be agreed to before ordering, reciprocal agreements welcome.
- We offer a 12-week check-out with no renewals.
- We do not lend eBooks, but we are able to fill chapter requests on a case by case basis.
- We are currently providing article/book chapters/scans to international libraries.
- Please do not use UPS to return packages to our library. We cannot pay for corrected address fees.