The Reference area on the 2nd floor provides 28 PC computers and a printer.
- These computers are intended for library research, including group work.
- Unattended computers in this area will be reset after 10 minutes; unsaved data may be lost.
The Adaptive Technology Area on the 2nd floor provides visually impaired students with tools such as large-screen monitors, scanners, a Braille printer, and specialized software programs. Learn more about adaptive technology in the Library.
Room 200, also on the 2nd floor, is home to an IT@Sam computer lab with 79 PC computers, 3 Macintosh computers, 2 printers, 3 scanners, 2 ADA workstations, 1 projector, and 1 webcam. Get more information about IT@Sam labs on campus.
These computer areas are often busy and may not support quiet independent study. Looking for a quiet place to study? We can help you find one.
- Personal laptops are welcome and can access the SHSU wireless network.
- Laptops may be borrowed from the library for use inside the building.
- The equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- An SHSU I.D. or TexShare I.D. card is required in order to check out a laptop.
- Once checked out, they may be used until 15 minutes before closing of the same day.
- You will be asked to read the policy and sign the document stating that you understand the policy and your financial responsibility in the event that the equipment is returned damaged.
- Laptops borrowed from the library can access the SHSU wireless network, and your personal USB drive may be used with them.
- Need to plug in? Power outlets are located around the building's perimeter.
Be careful not to create trip hazards with power cords; users with cords strung across a walkway may be asked to move to a different location.
- Wireless Printing from Laptops: