The Newton Gresham Library (NGL) is responsible for providing library and information services and resources to all students who are registered for classes, both on- and off-campus. The library's mission is to meet and anticipate the institutional, research, and service needs of the Sam Houston State University community by providing effective access to a global and dynamic array of print, electronic, and other resources and by continuously improving the effectiveness of its bibliographic, instructional, and reference functions.
Overview of Newton Gresham Library Services
Distance learners are encouraged to come to campus to use the many resources and services offered by the Newton Gresham Library. Assistance is available from the Reference Department to help answer questions, develop search strategies, and identify useful resources. NGL resources consist of over 1.3 million books, bound volumes of periodicals, government documents, newspapers, multimedia, and sound recordings.
Toll-free number: 1-866-NGL-INFO (1-866-645-4636). Rings at Reference Desk; however, you can ask to be transferred to another extension or department.
- Read about and link to resources and services available to distance learners through the Library, and apply for distance education services.
- For information or questions about loan period, renewals, fines
- Direct phone: 936.294.1618
- View circulation / lending policies
- Authorized distance learners can borrow materials from other libraries and also request materials from the University Library.
- Direct phone: 936.294.1616
Check here for an overview of resources and services available to distance learners through the University. You can link to the Library and library services from here as well.
Helpdesk Phone: 936.294.1950
“All students, faculty, and staff who require software or trouble-shooting assistance with the campus data and telecommunications networks have access to 24-hour assistance both on and off campus.”