What is EndNote Web?
EndNote Web is a web-based citation management program.
Access to it is provided by the Newton Gresham Library.
With EndNote Web, you can
- Export journal and book details from many databases to EndNote Web.
- Access your citations anytime, from anywhere the Internet is available.
- Create reference lists in almost any style in just a few clicks.
- Use "Cite While You Write" to insert references into Word as you write, requiring only 1-2 clicks to create citations and a bibliography in any style. Learn how to use Cite While You Write.
Create Your Free EndNote Web Account
If you are ON CAMPUS:
- Open the EndNote Web login page.
- Click "Sign Up" and enter your e-mail address.
- Complete the registration form (all fields must be filled out). Click "I Agree" to accept the software's terms of service.
If you are OFF CAMPUS:
- Connect to Remote Desktop before creating an account. (Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Remote Desktop. Enter remote.shsu.edu and then login with your SHSU username and password.)
Watch a demo video for PC users.
- After your account is created, you can use EndNote Web online from anywhere; you will not need to use Remote Desktop again.
Access Your EndNote Web Account
Get Your Sources/References into EndNote Web
Exporting Directly from a Database
- The Export option, if available, is often found with the options to print, save and email citations. Not all databases provide this option.
- Pop-ups must be enabled for most Export functions to work. To determine if pop-ups are being blocked, visit popuptest.com. Get help enabling pop-ups.
- Guides for exporting from SHSU databases.
Importing from a Database File
- Guides for importing citations from SHSU databases.
- Not all databases provide this function.
Manually Entering Citations
- Even if export/import functions are not available in a specific database, or if you already have a book or article in your hand, you can always simply type the information into EndNote Web. This way you can still include a source in the record of your research and in your formatted bibliography, regardless of a database's functions.
- Get started with the EndNote Video Tutorials.
- Library guide to using Cite While You Write plugin for Microsoft Word.
- Instructions for getting citations out of SHSU databases.
- Instructions for enabling pop-ups / disabling pop-up blockers.
- EndNote Web Quick Reference Card.
- EndNote Web Help Files.
- EndNote Web workshops are regularly provided by library faculty.
Watch one or more parts of a complete video tutorial on creating your EndNote Web account, navigating the EndNote Web program, getting research citations INTO EndNote Web, getting formatted bibliographies OUT of EndNote Web, and more!