Many of the library's resources--including Ask a Librarian, EndNote Web, and numerous electronic databases--require users to enable pop-ups in order for the products to function properly. This page is designed to assist you in enabling pop-ups in your browser.
Watch brief (1-2 minute) video demonstrations of enabling pop-ups with specific programs:
- Introduction to enabling pop-ups
- Disabling Google's pop-up blocker
- Disabling Internet Explorer's pop-up blocker (applies to IE 6 and 7)
- NEW Disabling the Internet Explorer pop-up blocker (IE 9)
- Disabling Mozilla Firefox's pop-up blocker
The links below will take you to the help files of various providers of pop-up blockers so that you can find their instructions for disabling the blockers.
Source of pop-up blocker:
- Apple Safari - open the preferences and un-check the 'Block pop-up windows' check box under the 'Advanced' menu.
- Google Toolbar
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, versions 7, 8 and 9
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Mozilla Firefox - To change Mozilla's Pop-up Blocker preferences, select Tools > Popup Manager > Allow popups from this site.
- Norton Internet Security
- Opera Browser
- Panicware Pop-Up Stopper
- SBC Yahoo Browser Pop-Up Blocker
- Yahoo! Toolbar